How do I get a new place with no money?

Hi Jude, I have a 10 month old daughter and need to leave my partner. I have no money or anything and don't know what to do. He used to like this woman a little while ago just before we started going out. He always brings her up in conversations and now he is in contact with her. He knows I do not like her but doesn't seem to care. How do I go about doing things to move out and get a new place with no money? I'm so upset and do not trust him anymore as I don't know what else he has been up to. We always fight (verbally) and Ido not want my daughter hearing it so have to move out. What do I do please. I really need your advice.


Thank you for your question. Well done for wanting to protect your daughter. That is so awesome because we now know that any sort of violence, even if it is not inflicted on children directly but they are witnessing it can have an effect on a child. So what you are doing, not only for yourself but for your child is commendable.

Do you have any family or friends that may be able to help you, that would be totally supportive and willing to help? If there are, great, make contact with them, tell them what's happening and what you need and see how they can help.

If there isn't anyone you can go to I suggest that you contact your local Women's Refuge immediately, they are listed under W in the white pages of the phone book. They have information about all the things that you are needing and they also have access to various people and agencies that can help you. They would be a good support for you right now as what you are going through is exactly what they specialise in. They hold no judgement, are very understanding and will help you in any way they can.

Or you could ring our information line on 0800 456 450 and find out what other organisations there are in your area who could help and support you. Please know that there is help available to you, you are not alone. I understand how difficult this must be for you right now but please stay strong and make contact with an organisation and you will immediately have some answers. Be honest with them, tell them what you want to do, tell them what you need. I wish you all the very very best.



← Back to Ask Jude