University of Auckland launches family violence policy - 28 January 2016
The University of Auckland has introduced a family violence policy to support students and staff.
The policy and guidelines describe supports including:
- Flexible work or study arrangements
- Compassionate consideration
- Campus personal safety planning
The support is aimed at:
- people who have or are experiencing family violence,
- people concerned about someone affected by family violence,
- staff members managing a university employee affected by family violence.
Training, guides and other resources have been introduced with the policy, which reads:
"The University affirms that family violence is unacceptable and that every person is entitled to respect and to live free from fear and abuse. The University also has a legal obligation to ensure a safe and healthy workplace, learning and (for those in university accommodation) living environment."
Further information is available on the university's Family violence - it's not OK website.
Source: New Zealand Family Violence Clearinghouse
← Back to News